This years event is shaping up to be an awesome ride to finish the year off!
NEW Special Tests!
Camping will again be on the airstrip which is easily accessible and as always the club will provide toilets.
The Grimwade course has always been know for it’s variety of terrain and this year will again cater for all skill levels. You can enter one or both days and for the non-competitive riders Trail Class for both days is available. MX bikes can enter on a One Event Rego which needs to be entered by Sunday 15th of September.
History of the Des Noble Enduro Event
The following is a little background on the event and Des himself: Des Noble was a founding member of the Suzuki Trailbike Club, which was later renamed the Trail and Enduro MCC. Des was tragically killed in a speedway accident on the 17th Dec 1971 at the Claremont Speedway and it was decided that an event would be run in his memory. The Des Noble Memorial 2 Day Enduro was first held on the March long weekend in 1972 from Jacoby park in Mundaring and was won by Dennis Crane. The organiser of the event was Brian Mitcheson who was the inaugural president of the T & E Club. The event was moved after that very hot first event to the Queens Birthday long weekend and has been run every year since then. After 20 years of being a memorial event the event became simply the Des Noble 2 Day Enduro in 1993.
How to purchase a one event license for Grimwade 2 Day Enduro:
- Motorcycling WA website>click on Ridernet (at to right hand corner of the screen).
- once redirected to Ridernet scroll down the page and click on the button One Event Competition
- Complete your details, when you get to the bottom of the page click register.
- You will be redirected to available events were you will find Grimwade Des Noble State Rd 5 & 6 Enduro, Get One Event License
- A Pop up box will appear with competition /Non competition, member chooses correct license and then just follow the prompts.