Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is an Enduro
  • B Class Registration
  • Noise Testing

What is an Enduro ?


As the name suggests, enduros are an endurance style of riding, quite often spending four or more hours on your bike. Don’t be put off though, they can also be one of the most rewarding and challenging types of events you can ride.

In simple terms, an enduro is where a rider follows a pre-determined course, marked with arrows through the bush. Each loop or Trail Section is usually around 30km in length and made up of everything from wide open fire trails to narrow tracks through tight bush, sometimes mud and creek crossings get thrown in for some good fun as well.

Each Loop/Trail Section leads back to a “Control Point” at which you can fuel up, have something to drink, eat etc before checking in and proceeding onto the next section.
You are given a time to complete each trail section.

During the day, there are also “Special Tests”. These can be a section of the trail that you are timed on, usually called and “Enduro Test” or a completely separate section close to the control point, called a “Cross Test”. It is the fastest rider in these sections that determines the winner in each class.

One thing about riding enduros, there is more to them than just riding fast. There have been a lot of fast riders that never finish the day. Bike preparation, mental and physical preparation, planning your day and pacing yourself, all have as much to do with winning as riding flat out.

They are great fun!, and compared to a lot of motorcycle racing you get to spend plenty of time riding your bike.

How to Enter an Enduro?

Quindanning 20090726_0038

All T & E event entries are now done on line via this website.

Find the Calendar page and this will have all the details (Supplementary Regulations, Map and On Line entry link) – read the Supp. Regs! They have all the specific details pertaining to that event including the organiser’s contact details.

You will need a valid Credit Card, your bike details, Driver Licence No. , MA Licence No. (if you have one) and your own personal details plus an emergency contact (name and phone number). Also a valid email address for the receipt to be sent to.

          How to purchase  a one event license:

  1. Go to: RIDERNET and create your profile
  2. On RIDERNET scroll down the page and click on the button One Event Competition
  3. Complete your details
  4. You will be redirected to available events. Select which event you are entering
  5. A Pop up box will appear with competition /Non  competition, member chooses correct license and then just follow the prompts.

Once you have completed the entry process and your receipt has been emailed to you we recommend you print off the receipt and bring it to the event with you.

The reasons behind using on line entries is to cut the administrative overhead of processing not only the entries but also the payments. Using this method your entry is processed there and then and payment is also confirmed. Previously it could take the event organisers months to follow up on outstanding entry fees. The event Race Secretary can download a nice Excel spreadsheet containing all the entrants’ details after the entries have closed.

Enduro Classes

  • E1 – Expert riders up to 250cc
  • E2 – Expert riders over 250cc
  • C1 – Clubman riders up to 250cc
  • C2 – Clubman riders over 250cc
  • Veterans – Riders over 35 years of age (any capacity)
  • Masters –  Riders of 45 years of age (any capacity)
  • Womens (any capacity)





  • Seeded race numbers and coloured backgrounds for each State Championship Class
    • Top 10 for Experts
    • Top 5 for Masters, Vets and Women
      • Top 5 for these 3 classes must have their relevant letter after their number (see below)
    • Riders with seeded numbers are required to run their number for the year when racing WA State Rounds
      • If a seeded rider transfers to another class (Championship or Support) during the season then they would not be entitled to use their seeded number for the class that they have changed to, and instead would be allocated a new number by the Race Secretary.
  • The option to nominate your own MWA Enduro race number for the year
    • This is available for all riders (not just championship classes) 
    • If you have a seeded number you will run this number on your bike for the year when racing WA State Rounds, however you can still nominate an Enduro race number which will be assigned to your MWA licence which can be used in non-state round events

Coloured Background Info:

  • Experts – Applicable to Top 10 finishers from previous season. White Numbers on Red Background (as shown below).
  • Veteran – Applicable to Top 5 finishers from previous season. Black numbers followed by “V” on Yellow Background (as shown below).
  • Masters – Applicable to Top 5 finishers from previous season. White Number followed by “M” on  Green Background (as shown below).
  • Women – Applicable to Top 5 finishers from previous season. White Number followed by “W” on Purple Background (as shown below).
  • If you choose to nominate a race number you MUST follow the above colour combinations for your class.
  • If you choose to nominate a race number but are not in a championship class, we ask that you refrain from using the above colours for your plate backgrounds please. 
  • If you choose to use this number for an event, you MUST provide your own number (ie on your graphics), you will not be provided one.
  • Only the top 5 of Masters, Vets and Women have to have the letter after their assigned seeded number.
  • If you are not within the top 5 of these 3 classes, you do NOT need a letter after your number.
  • If you choose NOT to use a nominated number you will be assigned a number from the Race Secretary as per the normal process. 

How to get a nominated Enduro race number:

  • Email Motorcycling Western Australia (MWA) with the following –
    • Full Name
    • MWA Licence Number (RiderNet Number)
    • Discipline (ie Enduro)
    • Class
    • 1st choice of number you would like to request
    • A 2nd choice of number if your 1st choice is unavailable

Numbers you can chose from:

  • Experts: 11-999
  • Masters, Vets, Women, Clubman and Fossils: 100-999



1. THE CHAMPIONSHIP Motorcycling WA (MWA) shall approve a multi round series to form the State Enduro Championships of Western Australia. The events will be conducted under Motorcycling Australia permit as issued by MWA and run under the Enduro Rules as stated in the 2020 MA Manual of Motorcycle Sport, these State Championship Regulations and the event Supplementary Regulations.
2. ELIGIBLE CHAMPIONSHIP CLASSES/GRADES State Championship competition for EXPERT grade competitors will be conducted in the following engine capacity classes:

E1 – 0-200cc 2 Stroke & 0-250cc 4 Stroke

E2 – Over 200cc 2 Stroke & Over 250cc 4 Stroke

State Championship competition for AGE and GENDER competitors will be conducted as follows.

VETERAN – All capacities

MASTERS – All capacities

WOMEN’S – All capacities


Veterans – 35 years to 44 years. Only riders who have turned 35 years of age before 1st January 2020 and are under 45 years of age may complete in this class. 

Masters – 45 years and over. Only riders who have turned 45 years of age before 1st January 2020 may complete in this class.

Veteran and Masters may choose to compete in the Expert class instead of their age class. 

Women riders may choose to compete in the Expert class as well as their Gender Class and will be scored in both.

NOTE: At each round of the State Championship the promoter may run the following nonchampionship SUPPORT CLASSES:

Clubman – C1 –0-200cc 2 Stroke & 0-250cc 4 Stroke 

Clubman – C2 – Over 200cc 2 Stroke & Over 250cc 4 Stroke 

Enduro Junior EJ – 16years to under 18 Years. All Powers 

Fossils – Over 55 years – All powers

3. MINIMUM NUMBERS REQUIRED TO CONSTITUTE A CLASS 3.1 At a Round The minimum number required to constitute a championship class will be five (5). If there are insufficient starters (less than five) then the class concerned will be combined as follows: If the class is an Expert class then the two Expert classes will be combined. If the class is a Veteran’s or Masters then these two classes will be combined. If the class is the Women’s class then the riders will combine with the relevant non-championship Clubman class according to their machine capacity or the relevant Expert Class if the competitor so wishes.
3.2 Series There must be at least five starters in a class in at least 50% of the rounds for a championship to be declared in that class. If less than 50% of the rounds are bona fide rounds, then: If the class is an Expert class then the Expert classes will be combined. If the class is a Veteran’s or Masters then these two classes will be combined. If the class is the Women’s class then the riders will combine with the relevant non-championship Clubman class according to their machine capacity or the relevant Expert Class.

4. EVENT CONDITIONS 4.1 Point Score System Points will be allocated as per the 2020 Manual of Motorcycle Sport for Enduro. Multi-day competition will be scored as separate rounds for each day of competition for championship scoring purposes. Final results for State Championship awards will be calculated using points scored at all rounds which comply with these rules.

4.2 Tie In the event of a tie the winner will be determined by consideration of: – The total number of first places won by the riders. The total number of second places won by the riders etc. If a tie still exists then the respective finishing positions at the most recent Championship Round in which all tied riders took part will be used to determine the winner. If in the event a tie still exists, then the winner will be the rider with the best time in the last special test at the last Championship Round in which all tied riders competed.
4.3 Section Times The Promoters MUST set slower total section times and/or lesser distance to travel for Veterans, Masters and Women’s classes.
4.4 Special Tests Results for a round must involve two or more successful Special Tests for that round to be valid.
4.5 Re-start Rule A rider who has failed to finish any day of a multi-day competition shall be entitled to RE-START on the following day.
4.6 Protests Any protest involving the results of the Championship is to be lodged with MWA in accordance with the General Competition Rules of Motorcycling Australia.
5. AWARDS 5.1 State Championship Awards State Championship awards will be presented by MWA at the end of the season under the following conditions: – If: – Up to three riders qualify in a class then only FIRST place will be awarded. Four or five riders qualify in a class then FIRST and SECOND place will be awarded. More than five riders qualify in a class then awards will be made for FIRST, SECOND and THIRD place-getters.
The competitor in each class and grade accumulating the largest number of points at the conclusion of all complying rounds (as described in item 3.0) will be declared the winner of the State Championship for that class and grade
5.2 Individual Eligibility Individual competitors will not be eligible for awards unless a bona fide attempt is made to start in at least 50% of the rounds. Result sheets are to indicate ALL riders who start to enable eligibility to be established for riders who do not finish particular rounds.
5.3 Top 10 Expert Rider Numbers For MWA Enduro Championships each year Red Expert Numbers / Plates from 1 through to 10 shall be awarded to the top 10 Experts OUTRIGHT for the year. These riders will be required to use these numbers for State Round Enduros in the season following their presentation. The promoters of all events must furnish a list showing all outright positions.
5.4 2020 CHAMPIONSHIP AWARDS FEES The Promoter of each championship round shall pay a fee determined by Motorcycling Western Australia for the provision of championship awards.
Motorcycling Western Australia will invoice the Promoter for their share of the awards fee at the end of each round.

5.5 AWARDS Awards will be presented to the first three overall place getters in the State Championships at the completion of the season. These may be presented at an awards function to be announced. All place getters are expected to attend.



What to do when you get to the Enduro?

Go to Entry/Registration and sign in. Make sure you don’t forget to bring your on line entry receipt, driver’s licence, T & E membership card, MA licence (if you have one) and bike registration papers.

If it is your first enduro and are not sure about something feel free to ask questions we all had to start somewhere. Normally after the compulsary Riders Meeting an experienced club member will give new riders a briefing on what to do.

You will be given your race number, start time and time card when you enter/register.

Hint: Make sure you put your number on the right way up – 98 is different to 86 – and don’t laugh this does happen and they are hard to peel off.

Complete your time card. There will be a board with Start and Trail times posted. Find your Start time and follow the line across, these are the times you need to check in at each control. Take your time and double check what you have written down.

The distances between each control are also on the board and its a good idea to know how long each loop is so you can pace yourself and from a refuelling aspect as well.

Hint: Some riders will use a piece of Duct tape and write down the Control number and due time. This can then be stuck on to your tank or top of your bumbag for quick reference rather than having to dig out your time card to check.

Filling out your time card correctly is YOUR responsibility – if you are not sure ask someone to double check it for you and maybe do the same for them. There’s no allowance at the end of the day for making a mistake with your times on your card.

Double check your bike is ready. Full of fuel, chain lubed and tyre pressures checked, ready to go. If you’ve been given numbers stick them on the front headlight shroud (Must be a light coloured background) unless told otherwise.

Push your bike through to the Machine Examination area. Make sure you’ve got your registration papers, and helmet for inspection. Once your bike enters the “parc ferme” (usually a bunted off area)you are not allowed to work on your bike or re-enter the area.

Get dressed; by now time is slipping away, get all your gear on (except helmet at this stage). Start drinking lots of fluid.

The Riders meeting will be announced and it is compulsory so don’t miss it !! The course, colour of arrows to follow, time’s for each loop, what to watch out for and when the “special tests” are, all get talked about. Listen Carefully!

Have you got everything, bum bag, helmet, gloves, and hydration pack? Ready to go!

Always be ready to go at least 5 mins before your start time or due time. It will be amazing how quickly the last few minutes fly by.

There are lots of rules to learn as you start riding Enduros, one of the most important is Don’t start your bike until your start time (minute) comes up. Enduro’s are a cold start. Warm your bike up over the first few hundred meters of the trail. Once you’re going on the trail, it’s all about fun and pacing yourself.

How is the Course marked?

Directional Arrows

The course is marked out through the bush with arrows. Usually a different colour for different loops.

blue arrow red arrow

right turn 1

A Directional arrow at 90 degrees indicates a major course direction change is coming up. These warning signs are normally placed at an appropriate distance before the corner. For example on a high speed section it may be as much as 100 m or more before the corner where as in a slow speed section in tight bush it may only be 10 m before the corner. Its purpose is to warn you that a corner or major course directional change is coming up.

right turn 2

Two Directional arrows at 90 degrees means turn here and are placed actually on the corner. Please note the corner may be more or less than 90 degrees and the arrows are not meant to indicate how tight the corner is only the fact that you need to turn here.

Once the corner has been negotiated a “confirmation” arrow will be placed just after the corner to let you know you are still on the course.

wrong way

Normally associated with corners or other major course direction changes are Wrong Way signs. They indicate you are heading off the marked course. For example instead of turning at the marked corner you have carried straight on then you will see a W. If you see one, it is extremely important that you pull over to the left of the track, stop and look, and then turnaround. The number of riders that get T-boned when stopping suddenly and turning around, is quite high, because the rider behind you was probably following your tracks.


A Skull and Cross bones, signals Caution as there could be something ahead that requires additional caution whilst riding.

Depending on the level of event, club or state round, there may be sections that are divided by signs indicating “Experts Only” and “Others”. This is usually to give the Experts a bit more distance and possibly some harder terrain to traverse. If they are being used for the event this will be explained at the Rider Meeting.

The secret is to look ahead and follow the arrows, not necessarily the track on the ground, they could go in different directions, and lead you straight into an obstacle, instead of around it.

What is a “Control”?


A control area is defined by three sets of flags. The White flags signal the beginning of the control area/pit lane. All fuelling up and repairs must only be carried out between the White and Yellow flags. The Yellow flags indicate the actual line which is used for time check purposes. The Green Flags indicate the end of the Control area.

Speed is limited to 1st gear in the control area, so it is always a good idea to proceed up to the Yellow flags a few minutes before your minute is due. Once your minute ticks over push/ride your bike into the control area and hand your time card to the control personnel. (This time will then be recorded on your card for future reference at the end of the day). Proceed out of the control past the Green flags, and out onto the next section. One of the hardest things for many riders is to realise that the time on their card is the time due in to that control. Don’t pass through the Yellow flags and hand your card in until your time is due, and you are ready to leave, fuelled up etc.

If you come into a control and find that your minute has already come up, ie your running late, be careful, are you ready to go straight out again? You can’t make up for lost time in an enduro.
If you were 2mins late, you need to add that 2mins onto each control time of the day. If you were due in at the next control at 11.05 you would correct your card to show a new due in time of 11.07 to allow for the 2mins late at the previous control. Remember you cannot make up time lost.
Push your bike (if possible) to the control person, only hand your card in when your minute has come up, get your card back and proceed out into the next loop. Check what time has been written down, mistakes can happen and it is your responsibility to ensure it is correctly recorded.
As I mentioned there are a lot of rules that go into riding an enduro. Don’t be put off, there is always someone willing to help and explain them.
They are set out in the Motorcycling Australia handbook (GCR’s) in the Enduro section.

What type of Bike will I need for an Enduro?

An Enduro motorcycle is a motorcycle specially made for the Enduro sport, with the long travel and medium-hard suspension of a motocross bike conjoined with features such as a headlight and quiet muffler to make the bike street-legal for parts of the track. The engine of an enduro bike is usually a single cylinder 2-stroke between 125cc and 360cc, or 4-stroke between 250 and 650cc.

An enduro bike has a lot of differences between it and its cousins, with a lot of extras compared to moto/supercross bikes. These include:

  • headlight and taillight
  • brake light
  • protective hardware like handguards for hand protection against branches and leaves i.e. “bark busters”
  • An exhaust system that is street legal and meets regulations for noise and spark arresting
  • ‘Wide’ gear ratios
  • Narrower handlebars so that the bike can fit between branches and trees easily
  • A roll chart holder/Enduro computer – navigation style events
  • Flywheel weight is usually comparatively heavy

Enduro motorcycles most closely resemble Motocross (MX), and MX bikes are often selected by many riders for Enduro racing (albeit with significant modification, such as those described above). The demands that Enduros place on a bike are severe, and compared to standard street motorcycles, Enduro bikes require a great deal of maintenance to maintain peak operating capability. Their maintenance can be compared to that of Motocross bikes, except that Enduro bikes tend to require more collision prevention/repair maintenance and, until recently, Enduro bikes were developed by their manufacturers as totally different bikes than MX bikes (which is why many races rode/ride MX bikes in Enduro events), and accordingly they were developed with longer service-life engines, more durable components, less concern for weight (since, unlike MX, there are often no lower-limits on bike weights in a class), and other Enduro specific considerations.

The trend since the early 2000s, though, has been to use MX racing bikes as the platforms for Enduro bikes. This was partially driven by the conversion of MX from 2-stroke to 4-stroke engine designs to comply with regulatory trends. Enduro or so-called “Trail-bikes,” or “Dual-sport” (dual because they are capable of moderate off-road and moderate street-performance, while excelling at neither) traditionally had a much higher proportion of 4-stroke models. The power-to-weight ratio of these 4-stroke trail bikes wasn’t great by today’s standards, and that had to do with the lack of emphasis on meeting a weight lower-limit. When the conversion to 4-stroke MX bikes began, there was suddenly an emphasis on power-to-weight ratios for off-road 4-stroke motorcycles, because 125 and 250 MX classes have minimum weight limits. Once these bikes entered production, the manufacturers decided that rather than inventing the next generation of Enduro type 4-stroke bikes, they would simply re-configure their existing 4-stroke MX lineup for Enduro. Accordingly, they made the above listed configuration changes.

The end result of all of this is that today’s Enduro motorcycles, which are predominantly 4-strokes are lighter and more powerful than ever, but have many of the same characteristics of their MX cousins. These bikes, which were originally engineered to be MX bikes, do not often stand up to the rigors of long-term Enduro use. In the quest to achieve lower weight and higher power, the manufacturers made many compromises (i.e., thinner walls, lighter materials, more stressful designs, etc…), the downsides of which aren’t always evident in MX where the races are relatively short and the bikes are thoroughly serviced after each event and replaced after every season for serious riders. In the case of Enduro riding, these compromises became painfully evident when the bikes were subjected to the harsh Enduro operating conditions. One such example is the 2004 Honda CRF250X Enduro bike, which was based on the CRF250R MX bike. The valves were notorious for needing to be constantly adjusted and even replaced in many cases. Neither procedure is trivial. This issue has apparently been rectified on the 2006 models, due to a reported valve-seat material change on the cylinder head. In contrast, the comparable Husqvarna model TE250, which is purpose built for Enduro riding, is not only low maintenance by comparison, but the types of maintenance that are required more frequently on bikes that are used in Enduros are much easier to do because the bike was designed with those procedures as a design concern, such as valve checks and adjustments.

There are two types of Motorcycle licencing here in WA and for a fuller explanation check out the FAQ for B Class Registration.

Motorcycle Licensing Information

There’s a fair amount of uncertainty in Western Australia about what are the registration options for trail bikes. We put together this information page to provide an overview of the current situation. Please note that this information is subject to change and should not be relied upon without checking with the relevant authorities.

A Class Registration (full road registration)

This level of registration is available to ADR compliant motorcycles and provides unrestricted access to the public roads network. It also includes third-party personal insurance to protect rider against any claims made for personal injury in the event of an accident for which that rider was responsible. Only motorcycles that have a Compliance Plate signifying that the vehicle complies with all requirements for registration are eligible for this level of registration. This means mirrors, indicators, speedo, lights, mudguard extenders etc. It is not possible to simply fit these items to a motorcycle that does not already have a compliance plate in order to register it.


  1. Motorcycle Registration
    Motorcycles must have road registration to compete in this event.
  1. WA Motorcycle Temporary Registration Permit

Competitors who DO NOT have ‘A’ OR ‘B’ class registration for their motorcycle will need to obtain a WA Temporary Registration Permit.

ALL motorcycles must comply with the standards for Enduro as described in the 2016 Manual of Motorcycle Sport (MoMS)– (pg 181) and 14.18 (pgs 177–178).

The MoMS is available for download HERE

These conditions are same as ‘B’ class requirements. Motorcycles will need to comply with the event GCR’s, these Supplementary Regulations and must pass event Scrutineering.

It is not compulsory for a vehicle that is subject to a temporary movement permit to display number plates. Owners of vehicles that do not have number plates must quote the chassis/vehicle identification number to the issuing officer so that the vehicle may be positively identified on the permit and may be checked by either the Police or an event official as necessary. Riders must carry this permit at all times during an event.

Riders must indicate their need for this registration on the on-line entry form and will be charged a $40.00 fee.  Please make sure that you have the description of Vehicle, Frame & Engine Number correct on the on-line Entry Form.  If the details are incorrect the registration permit will not be valid. Riders applying for a WA Temporary Motorcycle Registration Permit must have entries submitted IN FULL, no later than 14 days before the event or date nominated in these Supplementary Regulations.
The operator of the vehicle issued with a permit is obliged to comply with the conditions listed on the permit and these Supplementary Regulations. Any conditions or limitations of use that have been endorsed on the permit by the issuing officer must be complied with.

The permit is valid for a period of the nominated event only.

  1. Insurance

This permit is a third party insurance policy issued for the purpose of allowing an unlicensed vehicle to be driven on a road only during enduro competition purposes.
The permit only provides insurance cover in respect of a third party injured or killed because of an accident involving the vehicle for which the permit is issued. It does not provide cover in respect of damage to property including the vehicle itself. If insurance of this type is required, it must be arranged separately with private insurers


So what does it all mean?

If you own a fully registered, ADR compliant bike you have access to all the same public roads and tracks throughout Western Australia that any other registered vehicle such as a car or four-wheel-drive would have access to.

If you own a motocross bike or other non-ADR compliant vehicle, or if you own a registerable trail bike but choose not to fully road register it (for example because you have no intention of riding it on the road) then you can purchase a One Event Registration and use it on the road during Enduro competitions (these include non-competitive events such as the Adventure Rally and Capel 200).

If you intend to ride your bike on public land anywhere and it doesn’t conform to either A Class or B Class registration then it should be registered as an off-road vehicle and only used in the designated ORV areas.


Sound Testing

Why do we need sound testing ?

Noise is one of the main complaints against motorcycles especially the off road variety.

Noise is cited as the main reason for losing riding areas. In order to protect our access to the areas the T & E MCC uses for hosting our events we must take a proactive stance in managing this issue.

As of 01/07/2013 Sound Testing must be carried out at all permitted events however it is not mandatory to test all machines.

The T & E Club has purchased a Sound Testing Kit and some club members are now qualified M.W.A. Sound Control Officers trained to noise test motorcycles.

Who will be tested

The Clerk of Course will select which bikes are to be tested.

Also any bikes which failed the Sound Emission Test at the last event where they were officially tested.

The Sound Testing procedure

NOTE : The Sound Testing procedure has changed – refer to section 12.10 Sound Emissions section of MOM for the official version. This is an abbreviated version to give everyone a general overview.

The new method is called “2 Metre Max Method

The selected bike is moved to the centre of the Testing Area with the front of the machine pointing downwind. The measurement is made with the motorcycle uprightand on its wheels with a hot engine.

The Testing Area is basically a 10 metre diameter circle clear of all obstacles with background noise no greater than 100 dB(A).

The Sound Meter is located 2 metres from the rear axle at an angle of 45 degrees and is located on the exhaust side of the bike.  The meter is mounted on a stand 1.35 metres above the ground.  If the bike has twin exhausts then both sides are tested.

There are only 2 people permitted within the 10 meter diameter circle, the Sound Control Officer ( SCO ) and the rider.

The rider is in control of the bike at all times and is responsible for holding the bike upright.

The rider will be asked the following questions:

  • Are you aware of how the test procedure is carried out ?
  • Are you aware your engine will be run at full throttle for approx. 1 second ?
  • Do you agree to have your machine Sound Tested ?

NOTE : If the rider declines to have their machine tested it is considered a failure and will not be allowed to compete until it has been sound tested and passes. Similar to refusing a RBT.

If the rider agrees to have their bike tested they will be asked to start their machine.  The rider will stand on the left hand side of the bike and the SCO on the right. The rider will be asked to pull the clutch in and hold it in during the test. The SCO will open the throttle fully for approx. 1 second. The throttle will then be closed.  The SCO will then check the sound meter for a reading.

At all times the rider is responsible for holding the bike upright, the SCO will only operate the throttle during the test.

The rider will be invited to observe the reading if they wish to do so.

This sound emission reading along with the Date, Time and Temperature and other details are recorded in the Recorded Sound Test Log. This log is available to MWA and will be retained in the Club records.

The Noise Limits

The Sound Emission Limit for Enduros is 112 dB(A) with a 4 dB(A) allowance as per General Competition Rules ( GCRs ) Sound Emissions.

I have been Noise Tested now what?

Depending on the reading one of two things will happen …..

If your bike is under the limit then off you go and have a good ride …

If your bike is over the limit then the SCO will fill out a Sound Test Failure Report.

There are 3 copies of this report:

  • The rider will receive a copy
  • The Clerk of Course will receive another
  • The third is a file copy for the Club records.

It is up to the Clerk of Course what action will be taken – not the Sound Control Officer.



© Copyright Trail and Enduro Motorcycle Club of Western Australia. Website developed by Harding Design